Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Trump 4 Spanking
Mr Trump apparently has gone on record. That with so much disrespect these days, some kids need a spank to get them in line. This was put on Facebook right away, asking Americans, if they agree with Mr Trump.

Over 537,000 votes have been cast. 93% responded, "Yes, of course"; 3% replied, "It's complicated"; 4% answered, "No."

Most of the time. I take online voting with healthy skepticism. However, in this case the sample is pretty large. What's telling is that 93% is exactly the number that scientific study has reported. It seems Mr Trump has found one more issue with popular support that his opponent will be unable to refute, as her liberal party is against corporal punishment.

I'm not advocating or endorsing a candidate. Just pointing out the broadly held support Americans have for the practice of spanking. It's not surprising that a clever media personality/politician wouldn't hesitate to include it in his platform.
Mrs. V
Grandmother/Caregiver of 8 -6 at home, 2 boys: Nicolaas15 & Gabe 5; 4 girls: Lisbeth 15, Natalie 14, Lizzie 10 & Ashleigh 8 - 2 girls away from home 22 & 17 (2 adult sons and 1 adult daughter, all single parents)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I am not surprised at all. George Bush Sr. said he use to get spanked with a belt.
Tutor/Mentor
And, of course, we do know that Senator Cruz spanks!
I forgot about Senator Cruz. It's true. He was clear on the subject too.
Mrs. V
Grandmother/Caregiver of 8 -6 at home, 2 boys: Nicolaas15 & Gabe 5; 4 girls: Lisbeth 15, Natalie 14, Lizzie 10 & Ashleigh 8 - 2 girls away from home 22 & 17 (2 adult sons and 1 adult daughter, all single parents)
When Justn Trudeau was growing up with his two brothers and his dad was Prime Minister a reporter asked the Trudeau nanny if she spanked the three boys. She refused to answer the question but didn't deny she did. Today Justin Trudeau is our Prime Minister and has three kids of his own. I doubt he spanks them but you never know. Polically he has never advocated against spankng though I doubt the issue has ever come up.
Tutor/Mentor
(09-20-2016, 02:19 PM)Anymouse Wrote: And, of course, we do know that Senator Cruz spanks!

Absolutely. He made it very clear that his two girls are spanked.
O dear. Not good for the image of spanking, I fear!
FRANKIE
Father, Grandfather and Honorary Grandfather
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]
President George Bush has discounted that claim. Supposedly, it came from a staff person. His official statement is his vote is private. The Bush family will be careful to stay out of insulting members of its own party, the GOP. They have an up and coming grandson, who is expected to rise in national politics. He's quite attractive and well liked. That Bush has already endorsed Mr Trump. I wouldn't minimize Mr Trump's ability to find hot buttons like this one to expose weakness in Mrs Clinton's agenda. Here's an issue, where she's at odds with 93% of the public. He continues to chip away daily, and her points have gradually eroded. He's trying the death by a thousand cuts theory, imo.

Donald Trump's father reportedly was a responsible parent. Donald Trump nor his children have grown up as pampered, rich kids. His sister is a judge in New York. Donald was a difficult child to discipline. For that reason, his father put him in a military academy at age 13, where he excelled as an officer and captain of the baseball team.

I think Mr Trump is very much like the culture of the business tycoons in New York City. It's definitely a dog eat dog place, fraught with the mob, political graft and rough personalities. I never thought anyone from NYC had a chance in the South. Mr Trump is everything, the South labels "Yankee." And, usually finds very distasteful.

But, Mr Trump is sweeping the South, with thousands, upon thousands showing up daily at rallies. There has never been the likes of the crowds he's drawing. Frankly, I'm very surprised at his acceptance by this region. It's going to be a very interesting election. But, focus is coming on the race. The debates, starting Monday, will likely have a "Yuge" impact on the outcome. Most Americans I know, just as soon write in Mickey Mouse, as vote for either choice. It's going to the wire.

This may be the first time the world has seen a authentic NYC cultural icon participate in politics. But, Donald Trump is no different than a great many powers behind the throne, that pump money behind the major party candidates. (Including the ones behind Mrs. Clinton.)
Mrs. V
Indeed.
What's more important to most voters is, who their own representative in Congress will be. The Presidency can be blocked, while the people's representatives continue to do business. The Presidency is the only office in the country with a general election, through fifty state electoral vote rations. It's a power distribution.

Popular voting controls 1/3
Representative voting controls another 1/3
Appointments control the last 1/3

Each election we have to decide how the balance of power will be impacted by the elected officials. Right now the appointments are critical. Because lifetime seats are open. Who a President will appoint there is probably foremost in conservative voters minds, as anyone Mrs Clinton would choose would be completely unacceptable, and vice versa. A lot of voters would put up with Mr Trump just to protect that leg of the stool.

They would count on the other 2/3 to limit him. Mrs Clinton has a trust gap, imo. Past questionable government acts by her, cause doubt about the effectiveness of the other branches, in the face of her willingness to ignore rules and protocol. Do they TRUST her appointments? We can get rid of Mr Trump in four years. Those appointments can continue for 50-60 years and cannot be reversed.

There is an horrific struggle around all of that. Huh
Mrs. V