Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

France Says Non to Spanking
Je vais bien. Merci.

Trivia- What is the French word for spanking?
Tutor/Mentor
(01-01-2017, 06:11 PM)Garth Wrote: What is the French word for spanking?

As a noun? Google Translate says it is une fessée.
I just know what Beauty and the Beast taught me
MELISSA
Junior Alumna, (19)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
In a way surprising, but I suppose France has seen itself as progressive, especially in recent years.
(01-01-2017, 04:08 PM)Garth Wrote: Bonjour. Comma sa va?

Best avoid French then. Too many pitfalls and "faux amis" - words that son't mean what they seem.

Je vais bien is effectively meaningless. It would be understood as "I'm going [somewhere] as I speak, well."
FRANKIE
Father, Grandfather and Honorary Grandfather
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]
Tres bien. C'est que vous sant.
Tutor/Mentor
America might be the last western nation to allow spanking soon.
JAMES
Junior Member Alumni
Trillian: jamesbuilder
I think you may be right. Though I think it will continue to exist in most Asian countries for a long time. I am not sure about South America and Mexico though I doubt it will be banned there for some time as well. I am surprised Spain has banned it if indeed that is the case. By the way I think I recall reading something that said the Pope is now against spanking!
Tutor/Mentor
Actually Garth, the Pope came out in favor of spanking, as long as the child's dignity is preserved.

As a board, I think most if not all of us are against actual humiliation of a child (above and beyond some natural embarrassment of deserving punishment in the first place), so I'd say the Pope has a pretty good view on the subject, especially considering the fact that he has no children of his own.
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview
I think I'll convert to Catholicism.
Tutor/Mentor