Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Statistics
I am pretty sure if people answered those questions in public, you would get a totally different result than if you asked them in private or anonymous.
Usually if the parent can remain anonymous they will be truthful. Of course if you ask the children they will usually tell the truth.
Tutor/Mentor
Ask a 13yo girl if she still gets put across her dads knee and spanked for misbehaving (assuming she does).

If you ask her in private, maybe she will say so, maybe not.
Ask her in public, or in front of all her friends at school, and there is NO WAY she will admit it.
Adult Female
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]
(04-17-2019, 05:11 PM)Pookie Wrote: Ask a 13yo girl if she still gets put across her dads knee and spanked for misbehaving (assuming she does).

Ask her in public, or in front of all her friends at school, and there is NO WAY she will admit it.

This is a good point.
But there are disincentives to parents, too.
I know of at least four families in which biblical correction is administered, in a country in which it is unlawful.
I cannot say more on here.
But if confronted, parents who truly believe in the benefits of this traditional method of nurturing children and teens have the choice of either admitting to criminal offences or of bearing false witness.
Henry
Single Father of Two
New Zealand
Trillian: henryway
[Image: BuzWiUO.png]
(04-17-2019, 05:11 PM)Pookie Wrote: Ask a 13yo girl if she still gets put across her dads knee and spanked for misbehaving (assuming she does).

Not just girls. There was a guy on my schoolbus when I was in Junior High. He must have been 13 or 14. Somebody noticed a certain discomfort one morning. A joke was made. The denial was so... vibrant that he ended up crying and admitted a while later that what had been inferred as a joke was something that had actually happened.

That said, the same year (late 1980s), a girl I knew flat out told a friend of mine and me that her father had promised her she would be spanked if she kept her behaviour up. She was rather defiant about it. I have no idea if anything happened.
I've only told my very best friends. Nobody else, ever, that I actually know
MELISSA
Junior Alumna, (19)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]