Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wales Smacking Ban
discussions in the press again today , mainly the woke brigade , no slapping, hitting, shaking .
soon it will be an offence to chastise , tell off, give severe look to our children.
no wonder so many wander around in feral packs causing trouble .
thank god this groups is here to discuss and support each other .
I agree with most posts on this topic. There allready are laws against abuse (thank God). A smacking ban only criminalises loving parents. A red bottom when been naughty isn't abuse.

I've been spanked by my parents and I deserved each and every smack I've gotten. Same with my son and daughters, loved to bits but disciplined when needed.
I think there is a time and place for grounding, restricting of privileges, timeouts, withholding allowance, and assigning extra chores. I also think there's a place and time for spanking, which I'm sure will continue behind closed doors in Wales.
(04-26-2022, 02:19 PM)rachel-of-course Wrote: I think there is a time and place for grounding, restricting of privileges, timeouts, withholding allowance, and assigning extra chores. I also think there's a place and time for spanking, which I'm sure will continue behind closed doors in Wales.

Perhaps you’re right. But they’ll have to be extremely careful. I don’t know where you’re from but smacking is unbelievably taboo in all parts of UK now.
(04-26-2022, 05:30 PM)ChrisUK85 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 02:19 PM)rachel-of-course Wrote: I think there is a time and place for grounding, restricting of privileges, timeouts, withholding allowance, and assigning extra chores. I also think there's a place and time for spanking, which I'm sure will continue behind closed doors in Wales.

Perhaps you’re right. But they’ll have to be extremely careful. I don’t know where you’re from but smacking is unbelievably taboo in all parts of UK now.

I'm from Arizona. It's pretty taboo here too, but everyone does it behind closed doors. I have numerous friends who I know spank, but they wouldn't talk about it in public without being asked.
(04-26-2022, 05:53 PM)rachel-of-course Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 05:30 PM)ChrisUK85 Wrote:

I'm from Arizona. It's pretty taboo here too, but everyone does it behind closed doors. I have numerous friends who I know spank, but they wouldn't talk about it in public without being asked.

Perhaps certain areas of the South aren’t too dissimilar from UK Smile

I don’t know any families that do spank but it would be interesting to talk to them.
(04-26-2022, 05:55 PM)ChrisUK85 Wrote: Perhaps certain areas of the South aren’t too dissimilar from UK Smile

I don’t know any families that do spank but it would be interesting to talk to them.

Arizona isn't the south. I'm not entirely sure I'd consider Texas the south (though Texas is certainly pro spanking) but anything west of Texas is decidedly not the south. Yes, I get that makes no sense looking at a map, but when you consider the cultural and historical backgrounds, NM/Arizona et all share more in common with Mexico and California than they do Alabama, Mississippi, or Virginia.
(04-28-2022, 12:50 PM)Olivia Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 05:55 PM)ChrisUK85 Wrote: Perhaps certain areas of the South aren’t too dissimilar from UK Smile

Arizona isn't the south. I'm not entirely sure I'd consider Texas the south (though Texas is certainly pro spanking) but anything west of Texas is decidedly not the south. Yes, I get that makes no sense looking at a map, but when you consider the cultural and historical backgrounds, NM/Arizona et all share more in common with Mexico and California than they do Alabama, Mississippi, or Virginia.

Sorry Liv, mental blip. Geographically I was getting Arizona mixed up with Alabama
Traditional biblical correction is frowned-upon where I live.

But it is still VERY MUCH alive, esp among churchgoers.

And most teens who are subject to a tap on the bottom VERY MUCH prefer it to grounding.
Henry
Single Father of Two
New Zealand
Trillian: henryway
[Image: BuzWiUO.png]
"Reasonable and moderate" corporal punishment was removed of the law .Spanking is illegal in South Africa and you can be arrested and prosecuted for assault.
Daughters Hallie 14 and Lana 15
Son Corbin 12
Country South Africa 🇿🇦