Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Controvercy On The Set
https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=XA...mple&hl=en
Tutor/Mentor
She was not the only child star to receive real spankings in those days the little rascals got a few. I remember when I was a kid and they showed them all the time there was a real old silent one where several boys and girls got into trouble and one by one then went over a mans lap for a spanking. Several hard spanks were given until he came to a girl like the other girls before he raised her skirt to spank her panties and found she wasn't wearing any underwear. Looking very embarrassed and unsure what to do he let the skirt down gave her a little tap and sent her on her way.

in The Night of the Hunter 1955 a young boy is being bathed by Lillian Gish when he decided he does need a bath and runs off naked. Miss. Gish's character Rachel Cooper catches the boy, Billy Chapin playing John Harper and gives him a pretty good spanking.
I don't think anyone would be allowed to spank a kid actor today even if it was a historically correct thing to do. Can you imagine a new version of Tom Sawyer?
Seeing real kids get spanked in movies or TV when I was young helped me understand that it was normal for a bad boy to get a spanking when he was naughty and we all saw that he had been naughty and learned that being naughty got you punished. That will be 2 cents please.
DENNIS
Father of 1 grown daughter
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Over the years there have been numerous examples of spanking, or also in England caning, on screen. When we were growing up it was still relatively normal and natural. So it reflected real life. Only in quite recent times have the Stasi censors taken over. Spankings are now edited out of old versions of movies or TV dramas, and of books. It is blatant manipulation of public opinion. The very latest example is the new remake of Annie. In the original, both on film and on stage, Annie had to take the paddle from the fearsome Miss Hannigan, quite hilarious but perfectly authentic. In the new version, Annie is given floors to scrub....
SLIPPERSOLE
Father of 2
Click for My Introduction
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]