Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Creative anti-abuse ad aimed at kids
Exclamation 
An anti-abuse organization in Spain has placed innovative ads aimed at pedestrians - both victimized children and their aggressors.

The design allows the taller person (most adults) to view the ad from an angle that shows the face of a boy with the message, “Sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it.”

But from a shorter person's perspective (under about 4 1/2 feet tall - their target audience is children under 10), the message is different. The same boy appears, but with a bruised face. The message - “If somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you.” The group's phone number is then listed.

Here is a brief article and video explaining how the ad was produced - http://itsybitsysteps.com/innovative-ad-...gnet_67803

As a forum that is staunchly ANTI CHILD ABUSE, Parenting and Spanking applauds this effort and hopes that many children who suffer actual abuse will take advantage of the chance to call for help.
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Introduction
Click for My Interview
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
(08-01-2013, 11:10 PM)Michael Wrote: An anti-abuse organization in Spain has placed innovative ads aimed at pedestrians - both victimized children and their aggressors.

The design allows the taller person (most adults) to view the ad from an angle that shows the face of a boy with the message, “Sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it.”

But from a shorter person's perspective (under about 4 1/2 feet tall - their target audience is children under 10), the message is different. The same boy appears, but with a bruised face. The message - “If somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you.” The group's phone number is then listed.

Here is a brief article and video explaining how the ad was produced - http://itsybitsysteps.com/innovative-ad-...gnet_67803

As a forum that is staunchly ANTI CHILD ABUSE, Parenting and Spanking applauds this effort and hopes that many children who suffer actual abuse will take advantage of the chance to call for help.

I think that's a great idea and move on their part. You see way too many stories hitting the news even here in the US about parents that went too far with their disciplining.

Great post!
NICK
Dad of 2 Sons - Sean (20) and Michael (18)
On Trillian at: NickTxDad

(08-02-2013, 01:31 AM)Nicktxdad Wrote: I think that's a great idea and move on their part. You see way too many stories hitting the news even here in the US about parents that went too far with their disciplining.

Great post!

Hopefully the effort will yield results and the idea will spread to other countries including the US. NO child should be abused!
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview