Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Band of Brothers
Thumbs Up 
This thread isn't about my kids, nor any kids I know personally. But when I happened upon this article, and the accompanying video, my heart swelled with pride. Heart

The loyalty and unity that these boys showed to a younger "brother" - their football team's 6 year old water manager - blew me away, and has made international news. I encourage you to check it out - BAND OF BROTHERS (article and video)

Fact is, as honorable as these kids are, some of them (if not most of them) likely face spankings at home. The percentage of parents who spank simply suggest that this is true. Perhaps being held responsible for their occasional missteps has helped give them the courage and character that they proudly displayed for their young friend.

I'm placing a big trophy on the mantle in honor of the Bridgewater Badgers 5th grade football team. Big Grin

[Image: article-0-199B63F600000578-465_634x355.jpg]
Here is a follow up article and video as well - BAND OF BROTHERS PART 2 (article and video)
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Introduction
Click for My Interview
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Wow so awesome, if there is one thing I can't stand it is bullying. I am glad to read this..
What a great story!

Kudos to the whole team for stepping up and supporting him.

There is no place for bullying in School in my opinion. It is hard enough being a kid these days without the added physical and mental abuse that so many kids encounter when bullying happens. That is one thing that I am pleased most Schools have drawn a very hard line on.
NICK
Dad of 2 Sons - Sean (20) and Michael (18)
On Trillian at: NickTxDad

I saw this too and am glad the news is showing kids doing good things and not just the ones who get in trouble. There are way more good kids than bad kids but nobody gives the goods things we do any credit.
DAKODA
Junior Member Alumni (18)

My parents said I could be anything I wanted so I became AWESOME!!!