Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

New Opportunity
This morning I received an email from my college that I have been nominated to join the National Society of Leadership and Success. This is a special honors society that few students ever get the chance to participate in. The introduction video said less than 20% of students across all schools get the chance, but my school is very selective is what my adviser at college told me when I asked about it. Students that are nominated have a very strong academic record at the college and / or demonstrate advanced leadership skills.

There is a one time membership fee, however, there are exclusive courses in that society that also count towards college credits. I chose the biggest package since my school is willing to pay 75% of that package. This will essentially get me at least 3 college credits which would translate to over $1500 which is quite a savings. Upon completing the steps to be inducted, I get access to a specialized job bank and customized letters of recommendation to greatly increase the chances of getting the job I want.

My mom and I are very excited about this opportunity that I have been given. I plan to make the most of it.
So cool grats
Well done! I'm sure membership will also help you network with people too. Knowing the right person at the right time can make a world of difference.
Well done indeed.
So far I have completed orientation and leadership training day. My next steps are to listen to 3 speaker broadcasts and form a team that sets goals, lists obstacles to achieving them, solutions to those obstacles. Three meetings need to be held, although I plan on holding more. Once I complete those final steps, I will be officially inducted into NSLS.