Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Blessings
Something my bible teacher has my class do is to write in a journal when life seems to be giving you a lot of bumps and bruises and tears is to write down 1 or 2 blessings we have For my old therapy group I had to make a happy place heart and I would share it only I don't know how to do that but I got to update it and take somebody out now. I don't know.

But it has been a couple of sad days for me and I am just thinking it might be a really good time to remember blessings and even share blessings because we are blessed when someone else is blessed. Right?

My blessing I will remember is my mom and not because she can read this but because she picked to love me and she didn't have to and last night when I was really sad she slept in my bed with me. I'm not a baby but sometimes it feels good to feel like I am somebody's baby right?

My mom is adopting me and I get to have a name change but we already got the same last name but I am going to ask to add a name to my name so I will be named after all the ladies who loved me first.

Roseanna Elizabeth is after my great grandma Rose, my grandma Anna and my first mom's name was Elizabeth so now I want to add Kimberly for my mom I have now.
Roseanna Elizabeth Kimberly.
That is a lot of name but it has a lot of love in it to.

Will you share a blessing with me and everybody else? It does work to make a person feel better and not so sad. Heart
Junior Girl - Age 14
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
My blessings are my kids, especially my adopted three. Not that I love any of my children differently but because they chose me to be their mom.

My oldest son is my biological nephew, my sister is his biological mother and she was very heavily on drugs when Tyler was born. Still is, sadly. I was twelve when he was born and my mother had legal custody. I had Katie very very young and him hearing her call me Mama he started calling me that, and he became my kid after that. When I was eighteen and Jake and I got married we adopted him. He was six.
KAT
Mom of 4 boys - Tyler (22), Logan (19), Ryan (17), Connor (16) and 2 girls - Katie (21), Lexie (15)

Click for My Introduction

I love the adoption stories. My cousin placed a baby up for adoption because she was 15 when she had the baby. I like to think the baby is being loved like the way being described here.
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

My blessing is my crazy "aunt" because she made it possible for my dad to raise me when my mom returned to Germany.
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

Divorce. My blessing is having a mom strong enough to leave an abusive relationship so that I didn't have to grow up in it.
Junior Girl - Age 17
I am blessed to appreciate everything that comes my way in life. Even the bad stuff I know can lead to deepening spirituality. When I am thankful I can not be sad or feel I lack anything. God provides for all my needs with abundance. He has never failed me. As Jesus said “everything else is just added on”.
Tutor/Mentor
(11-07-2020, 02:46 PM)Garth Wrote: I am blessed to appreciate everything that comes my way in life. Even the bad stuff I know can lead to deepening spirituality. When I am thankful I can not be sad or feel I lack anything. God provides for all my needs with abundance. He has never failed me. As Jesus said “everything else is just added on”.

Do you always go thru life with such resignation (not in a bad sense) or is it something you struggle with?
I quite often try to tell God how to do his job....and I'm not saying that with any disrespect....it's an actual struggle for me.
Of course it is a struggle. Our life situation will always challenge us. If there were no challenges we would not grow spiritually. As the Buddha said “Life is suffering. Enlightenment ends all suffering”. Once you become awakened you will still experience conflict and loss. This is the human condition. However the difference is you will no longer identify with the unobserved mind (ego). You will transend your mind and discover the spaciousness within. You will evolve. Instead of searching for happiness and joy you will become “it”. The truth (faith) will get you through any of life challenges no matter how negative or painful. You will be set free!
Tutor/Mentor
I truly have been blessed. My greatest blessings go by the names of Robert, Scarlette, Roseanna and Ruby. God has been so good to me.

Roseanna Elizabeth Kimberly. I like it. Heart This is the first I've heard of this. The little stinker is in bed and I want to give her a hug.
Mother of Three Daughters
(11-07-2020, 02:46 PM)Garth Wrote: I am blessed to appreciate everything that comes my way in life. Even the bad stuff I know can lead to deepening spirituality. When I am thankful I can not be sad or feel I lack anything. God provides for all my needs with abundance. He has never failed me. As Jesus said “everything else is just added on”.

But isn’t that really just your soul? I don’t understand the whole Jesus Christian thing no offense I just don’t I do get how bad situations can lead to deepening spiritual or newer spiritual avenues or thoughts ....can’t someone be spiritual and believe all that without Jesus?