Parenting and Spanking
What foods do you HATE? - Printable Version

+- Parenting and Spanking (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com)
+-- Forum: THE FIRST FLOOR (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: The Dining Room (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: What foods do you HATE? (/thread-2476.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What foods do you HATE? - JonesAlex1981 - 01-29-2020

I love sardines. As a kid, on some of the rare times that mom would let us kids have meat, we used to eat sardine spaghetti. we would find the sardines in a can that contained tomato sauce, and then add them to the spaghetti sauce. some of the best Spaghett I have ever had.

(01-29-2020, 08:48 PM)Meggy Wrote: Sardines in a can

Like why.......

RE: What foods do you HATE? - Meggy - 01-29-2020

I’m gonna puke....

RE: What foods do you HATE? - JonesAlex1981 - 01-29-2020

Don't be jealous. you know you want some Tongue

(01-29-2020, 10:34 PM)Meggy Wrote: I’m gonna puke....

RE: What foods do you HATE? - Maddie - 01-30-2020

I will not eat:
corn dogs
chicken tenders/fingers (does a chicken have fingers?)
meatloaf
olives

That's about it.

And to weigh in on the sardines, I don't like most of them, but when we were in Spain we had some out of a can that were a bit more higher end and they were AMAZING. I think the stuff that is cheap and gets shipped out is a lot more disgusting than the average sardine.

RE: What foods do you HATE? - salem69 - 01-30-2020

I can't stand the taste of Orange in savoury food.

RE: What foods do you HATE? - JonesAlex1981 - 01-30-2020

So duck a l'orange is out?

(01-30-2020, 02:18 PM)salem69 Wrote: I can't stand the taste of Orange in savoury food.

RE: What foods do you HATE? - salem69 - 01-30-2020

That famous classic is out for me! I'll take the other duck pairings lemon, cherries, red wine sauce.

My grandfather used to make this salad that he'd picked up in the war somewhere in the Mediterranean and he'd force us all to eat: (raw) pieces of fennel, orange and very good olive oil. I can eat fennel and extra virgin olive oil on bread to replace any meal. But with that orange in there... It was always a fight waiting to happen.

Can you guess what the most commonly served salad was a the dinner table...

I genuinely feel a bit queasy even talking about it

RE: What foods do you HATE? - JonesAlex1981 - 01-30-2020

I like to experiment more than cook. right now, when we have spaghetti, we eat some of the duck with venison meatballs that I made a few weeks ago. before that, it was Alligator and bacon meatballs.

Now if you want a dish from my childhood that still makes me queasy thinking about. there was a dish that us kids made our mom burn so it could never be made again. It was called peanut butter and carrot casserole. It had three main ingredients. peanut butter, carrots, and cinnamon.

(01-30-2020, 06:21 PM)salem69 Wrote: That famous classic is out for me! I'll take the other duck pairings lemon, cherries, red wine sauce.

My grandfather used to make this salad that he'd picked up in the war somewhere in the Mediterranean and he'd force us all to eat: (raw) pieces of fennel, orange and very good olive oil. I can eat fennel and extra virgin olive oil on bread to replace any meal. But with that orange in there... It was always a fight waiting to happen.

Can you guess what the most commonly served salad was a the dinner table...

I genuinely feel a bit queasy even talking about it

RE: What foods do you HATE? - Meggy - 01-30-2020

(01-29-2020, 11:37 PM)JonesAlex1981 Wrote: Don't be jealous. you know you want some Tongue

(01-29-2020, 10:34 PM)Meggy Wrote: I’m gonna puke....

Nope you cray

RE: What foods do you HATE? - Tommy - 01-30-2020

On the menu tonight:
Bat soup
Road kill stew
Chitlins
Rocky Mountain oysters