Parenting and Spanking
Household remedies against colds - Printable Version

+- Parenting and Spanking (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com)
+-- Forum: THE FIRST FLOOR (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: The Dining Room (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Household remedies against colds (/thread-4746.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Household remedies against colds - Katrina - 09-29-2020

So… not sure this is the right subforum but as it involves natural ingrediencies I think it should fit here.

I caught a cold during the weekend and am currently down with fever, sniffling, coughing, headache and a sore throat and overall feeling sick and tired. Sad

As I am not a friend of taking artificial pharmaceuticals and meds for every little ailment, I try to rely on household remedies. In our home this is drinking a lot of water and hot tea, hot milk with honey, chicken broth and inhaling with saline solution.

So I was wondering, as we have many different people from several countries as members in the forum: Do you rely on household remedies? If yes: how do they look like at your homes? Are you relying on the same things I described above or do you have other things you swear on? What works for you?

Looking forward to replies and on learning something new to try out. Smile

RE: Household remedie against colds - Scarlette - 09-29-2020

Lots of hot showers and soft tissues.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Meggy - 09-29-2020

Salt water gargle sleep tea and complaining and getting attention feel better Kat luv u💗💗💗

RE: Household remedie against colds - Kittykat - 09-29-2020

Vicks vaporub on your feet with heavy socks on, hot shower to let the steam help you breathe.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Mr_Simons - 09-29-2020

Hot lemon tea is supposed to be good for colds. That's what I am drinking right now.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Tommy - 09-29-2020

(09-29-2020, 07:56 PM)Mr_Simons Wrote: Hot lemon tea is supposed to be good for colds. That's what I am drinking right now.

Yes. That's good advice.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Kim3 - 09-29-2020

(09-29-2020, 01:57 PM)Kittykat Wrote: Vicks vaporub on your feet with heavy socks on, hot shower to let the steam help you breathe.

Oh I used to do that to my babies when they were congested, vicks and booties. It works.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Tommy - 09-29-2020

I recommend the following home remedies: hot lemon tea, unsweetened iced tea with lemon, drink plenty of water, one large glass of orange juice with pulp every day, Halls Vitamin C supplements, homemade soup, Campbell's chicken noodle soup, plenty of rest and plenty of sleep.

RE: Household remedie against colds - Alex - 09-30-2020

OJ and fresh air. We rarely get more than the odd sniffle. The key is to keep your immune system healthy.

Alex

RE: Household remedie against colds - Scarlette - 09-30-2020

More thoughts....a soft comfy blanket, lots of music and a maid....especially the maid. Rolleyes