Parenting and Spanking
Spanking when out and about - Printable Version

+- Parenting and Spanking (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com)
+-- Forum: ON THE ROAD... (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: The Garage (https://parentingandspanking.createmybb3.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Spanking when out and about (/thread-640.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Spanking when out and about - Skyler - 09-30-2014

I got spanked at church a few times when I was younger. I've also got it at my grandparents house.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Roxanne - 10-26-2014

Usually a warning nips any misbehavior in the bud. The most recent outing where a spanking would have been deserved was this summer. At that time, though, I wasn't fully on board with the whole spanking thing, and the horrible behavior went ignored.

Unless it was an extended outing, we would most likely wait until we were home.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Dave - 11-26-2014

Thanks for sharing, Jess.

Your account of Joshua at the theme park caused me to think that while waiting until you get home is often a good idea, it can actually be helpful to all involved in the outing to get a spanking taken care of sooner rather than later. I'm sure the walk to the van that day was a very unhappy one for Matt and Joshua but it is a real credit to the way you handle things in your family that Joshua was able to accept his lesson and adjust his attitude so that he and the rest of the family could enjoy a fun-packed day. Sometimes, a spanking is just what the doctor ordered. I do hope that Joshua was not too noisy in the van! Dodgy Blush

I've never had occasion to spank small children but I agree that it is best for them to get spanked just as soon as you can. An advantage in that regard if that I expect the spanking can be dispatched much more quickly than with an older child.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Alan - 11-27-2014

Adam I know what you mean - When I was in Sainsbury's the other day we were queing up to pay for our food and I heard a dad say to his boy loudly, "James if your not careful you are going to get a sore bottom when you get home." He was just messing about with the trolly a bit, he was about 7. Embarrassing...

(10-01-2014, 01:28 AM)Adam Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 03:45 PM)Michael Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 01:05 PM)Adam Wrote: Yea, I always hope that they'll forget when I earn a spanking when we're out but they never do and always send me straight to my room as soon as we get home.

Adam probably won't like hearing this, but as a parent I have failed several times to follow through on a promised spanking. If one of my kids misbehaves badly enough to be told that he needs a spanking when we get home, but then becomes an angel Angel for the rest of the time that we are out, I admit that I have conveniently "forgotten" about the deserved punishment. I need to be more like Mike. Blush

Wanna adopt me Mr. Mike? Just kidding.

When my sisters and me were at the shops the other day with mum there was a lady who told her daughter that if she didn't stop being naughty she'd get a smacked bottom. She said it really loud and lots of people heard it. I'm glad mum and dad aren't like that cos it would be really embarrassing and I felt bad for that little girl.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Garth - 11-27-2014

I once heard in a grocery store a mom threaten her two sons "Do you want me to take your pants down right here"! I doubt she would have done it in public but I am sure that is what exactly happened when she got them home.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Garth - 11-27-2014

Often I would just say "that's enough". If their were any further problems I usually did not repeat myself. However once we were in the car and on the way home I would remind them of their misbehavior and that they were going to get a spanking when we got home. After that the culprit was usually pretty quiet for the rest of our car ride.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Alan - 11-28-2014

Don't all parents give those looks Adam? Mine certainly do.

(11-27-2014, 11:55 AM)Adam Wrote: Anyone else get the look from their parents when they're out in public? Sometimes mum or dad will give us a look and we know that we better start behaving or else.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Nancy - 07-31-2017

I was lucky that Amy behaved herself in public for the most part. On the rare occasion that she did misbehave in public to the point that I would have spanked if we were at home, I whispered in her ear. When she was very young I accompanied that with a gentle pat to her bottom that looked like I was brushing off some dirt or something. That was always enough with her.

I did follow through at home but moderated my spanking depending on how she behaved after the dreaded announcement.

RE: Spanking when out and about - Garth - 08-01-2017

Sometimes when I announced a spanking was coming I would get an argument. One boy said if he he was getting a spanking because he misbehaved with a friend, he insisted his friend should be spanked too. I explained to him that this might very well occur but that was up to his mother, not me. He seemed to accept this explanation as he knew when he was with me I was acting as his parent and had the full support of his mother when it came to discipline.

RE: Spanking when out and about - jamesbuilder - 08-01-2017

My Aunt spanked me in her van 3-4 times when I was with her. Once before the Lone Ranger movie because I didn't want to take a picture with the mask she had bought me and I used a swear word over it. I also got two spankings from dad on camping trips that I remember. One was with a switch so I will never forget that.