Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

What's For Dinner?
LOL However the main course was beef tenderloin. Yummy Yummy
Tutor/Mentor
From Friday and Saturday evenings -

Andrew and Daniel were going out to spend the weekend with their mom, but first, I had dinner together with them, Michael, Michael's girlfriend, and grandma (my mom).

I tried a new recipe for our entrée - garlic herb lemon chicken breasts - which the younger boys didn't care for (too lemony for their tastes, I guess) but everyone else liked it. I won't plan on making it again if Andrew and Daniel are home.

On the side we had classic green bean casserole, chicken stuffing, steamed sweet corn, and a garden salad.

[Image: Screenshot_2016-10-03-17-05-32-640x360_zpsfcupgpct.png]

Saturday was a rare treat. Andrew and Daniel were on a sleepover, and Michael was DJ'ing at his girlfriend's birthday party. I love our family meals together, but a quiet dinner with my mom was a nice change of pace.

I made Worcestershire seasoned cube steak, jumbo macaroni with sharp cheddar cheese sauce, and leftover vegetables from the night before. Dinner was paired with blackberry wine coolers. It all felt very "adult," in spite of the paper plates we used lol. Tongue

[Image: IMG_20161001_200548-480x672_zps457gbn1l.jpg]

BTW - yesterday (Sunday), I didn't cook. I was having a migraine. Everyone prepared their own dinner.
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Introduction
Click for My Interview
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Tonight, I ditched my planned menu because Daniel was sick, Andrew only wanted some hot dogs, and Michael isn't home. That left just mom and me to feed.

Nothing stood out to me during a quick survey of the kitchen so I got creative and threw something easy together that I'd never tried before. It turned out to be pretty good! Tongue

I had 3 packages of teriyaki beef noodles, which I prepared as directed in the microwave. While those cooked, I sliced up 4 jalapeño cheddar smoked sausages and sauteed them in a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Then I dumped the cooked noodles into the pan along with the noodle seasoning packets and a can of sweet corn. I stirred them all together and warmed through.

Not anything gourmet, but it was tasty, quick, and easy. Perfect for my needs tonight. Smile

You could, of course, choose a different type of noodles and/or sausage.

[Image: MaruchanYakisobaBeefTeriyakipk-320x234_zpstsnnylg1.jpg] [Image: maxresdefault-320x269_zpsnbkymfo7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20161003_202951678-800x449-640x359_zpsyvanwxuw.jpg]
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview
You have a great mother! I had Kraft Dinner for dinner.
Tutor/Mentor
(10-03-2016, 10:52 PM)Josh Wrote: Mom made us all individual chicken pot pies and they were really good!!! Big Grin She even put different things in each of ours so it was made how we each like it. Then on the top she marked each one so she would know whose was whose. I got the one with sword looking holes that symbolized a lightsaber. Smile

Way to go, Mrs Jess! Heart
MICHAEL
Click for My Interview
Does your mom touch every item in the store? :p
(10-04-2016, 12:47 PM)King Arceus Wrote: Does your mom touch every item in the store? :p

LOL Mark Big Grin

Jack - what's tiger bread? Love the name.
MICHAEL
Click for My Interview
Tonight we had sloppy Joe's (Manwich Bold brand, if you're interested - it's definitely our favorite). Used ground turkey instead of ground beef, as usual here. Trying to make some better decisions for my health, you know. Blush

Also made corn-on-the-cob for the first time this year. Michael and Daniel were particularly happy about that. Big Grin
MICHAEL
Click for My Interview
(10-05-2016, 12:02 AM)Jess Wrote: I made tacos tonight for dinner because not only was it taco Tuesday, but it was National Taco Day! Smile We even kept the theme into dessert and had ice cream tacos lol.

Kylie had a little bit of soup and crackers though instead because she is sick and stayed home from school today. Sad My poor little girl. Based on how she was feeling this evening, she will probably be home tomorrow as well. Illness usually makes the rounds in our house, but I am hoping that this time she will be the only victim.

WHAT??? 😱

I can't believe we missed National Taco Tuesday... Dodgy

Sorry to hear about Kylie. Praying for a quick recvovery and zero spread. Daniel has missed the last two days because of a fever - it's no fun when our babies are sick. Sad
MICHAEL
Click for My Interview
Yummy Spaghetti! Lots of meat sauce. Better yet with meat balls.
Tutor/Mentor