Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

*** GALLERY PROBLEM ***
Question 
Upon my return from a weekend away, my moderators informed me of the fact that our gallery is down. Clicking the gallery link currently leads only to a blank page. Undecided

I'm not sure what the problem is, but Dave and I are going to look into what can possibly be done. We have done our best to ensure that our images are within the usage guidelines set forth by our host server, so I'm hoping that it wasn't taken down deliberately.

In the mean time, sit tight, and hopefully a resolution will be found before too long. Our board was never really about hosting a gallery of images anyway - it was merely an added feature that I felt added to what I hoped was a "well rounded" forum for our members to enjoy.

I am certainly no computer wizard, nor expert in website design, and have been learning as I go along. I don't think that Dave or Garth are either - unless they have been holding out on me! Dodgy If any of our members have technical knowledge that may be helpful to us, please let me know if you would like to be involved in this way.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and understanding!

PS - Sooo... this is what it's like leaving your teenagers in charge of the house while you go away, then coming back only to find out that your best lamp was broken during an unauthorized party. Dodgy
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Introduction
Click for My Interview
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Welcome back Michael.

Personally, I don't feel that the gallery is critical to the success of the Forum, so should you have encountered some "difficulties" from the host, I wouldn't consider it a big issue. As you said, it merely added a "well rounded" piece to the group, but I am sure other members will agree, it's not a make or break component of the group.
NICK
Dad of 2 Sons - Sean (20) and Michael (18)
On Trillian at: NickTxDad

I agree with Mr Nick. I liked going to the gallery and looking at the pics but its not the main reason I come here. So it would be cool if it came back but Im not worried about it if it doesnt Cool
BRANDON
Junior Member Alumni

all i can say is i didn't touch the gallery once while you were gone. but i did notice a few people looking at it but i'm not gonna name any names (Brandon).
RYAN
Junior Member Alumni

It was the picture frame that got broke not the lamp. Well the lamp got broke too but Brandon and I fixed it with super glue.
DAKODA
Junior Member Alumni (18)

My parents said I could be anything I wanted so I became AWESOME!!!
(11-12-2013, 10:17 AM)Dakoda Wrote: It was the picture frame that got broke not the lamp. Well the lamp got broke too but Brandon and I fixed it with super glue.

Ah... That would explain why the lamp is leaning now. Dodgy

And Mike, maybe something besides the time out chair is needed here? You can probably guess what I'm thinking. Tongue
DAVE
Mentor to 2 boys and 1 girl - Cody (14), Brady (10), and Caroline (10)

Click for My Interview
Yahoo ID - davemacd1021
Skype ID - davemacd1021

I don't think it would be that big of deal if the Gallery expired. There of course is always the option of members just posting their photos anywhere under the various categories of the Forum like above. I personally find many of the photos amusing and keeping with the theme of the Forum.
Tutor/Mentor
(11-12-2013, 11:55 AM)Mike Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 11:48 AM)Dave Wrote: And Mike, maybe something besides the time out chair is needed here? You can probably guess what I'm thinking. Tongue

[Image: imaginethismakingcontactwithyourass.jpg]

Exactly. Tongue

...and nice color choice, btw. I like it when things can match. Tongue
DAVE
Mentor to 2 boys and 1 girl - Cody (14), Brady (10), and Caroline (10)

Click for My Interview
Yahoo ID - davemacd1021
Skype ID - davemacd1021

LOL you guys are so great. This is why I am so glad we got this place up and running again. I almost always find something new here to put a smile on my face. Big Grin

Now, Dakoda and Brandon, about that lamp.... Dodgy
Would you boys kindly meet me in my office around 4:00 or so? You should be done with school by then. Mr. Dave, please join with us.
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview
(11-12-2013, 02:05 PM)Mike Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 01:01 PM)Dave Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 11:55 AM)Mike Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 11:48 AM)Dave Wrote: And Mike, maybe something besides the time out chair is needed here? You can probably guess what I'm thinking. Tongue

[Image: imaginethismakingcontactwithyourass.jpg]

Exactly. Tongue

...and nice color choice, btw. I like it when things can match. Tongue

I figured the colour was appropriate considering what it was going to be used for.

Sorry boys.

I remember Brandon mentioning in the Pantry that while his brothers have blue and green ping pong paddles in their underwear drawers, his is red. I guess he likes things that match also. Blush
MICHAEL
Click for My Interview