Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

New Job
My mentoree got a new job. He will make more money and work full time. He hopes to save enough money to be able go to college in a year or two. He will be nineteen this year. Congratulations!
Tutor/Mentor
I thought in Canada college was either free or close to it?
— Maddie
Junior Female Alumna (20)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Not free. Average cost of tuition for one academic year in an Ontario college program: Diploma Programs - $2,400. Graduate Certificate Programs - $3,600. Bachelor's Degree Programs - $6,100.
Tutor/Mentor
And then of course there's the cost of textbooks, student fees, living expenses if away from home.

But a new program offers grants covering tuition for full-time students with a family income of under $50,000, which is expected to cover â…“ of students. I'm no expert - just what I gathered from an article I just googled.
Congratulations!
GRANDPA JOHN
Grandpa w/ grown sons and a granddaughter, (7)
Click for My Introduction
He may qualify for government assistance as well.
Tutor/Mentor
Yes, indeed he should. Congrats, good to hear.
That is significantly less than college I went to, although I live in the US. Make sure he knows what he wants to do before starting a program. I ended up getting a degree in veterinary technology and never ended up using it. It would have been far more beneficial had I taken something in computer science or business management.
He wants to be a teaching assistant. He loves working with kids! He has a lot of experience as he is the oldest sibling of a large family.
Tutor/Mentor
That is so cool! That's a lot less than the colleges I'm looking at. Good for him.
SARAH
Junior Alumna, (22)
Click for My Introduction