Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jordan Peterson
anyone watch him.....??? whats ur fav talk from him??? I'm #obsessed....if u have a good talk from him I should watch post it here..... I literally listen to him while driving everywhere like I'm old and mature. Big Grin
(09-19-2020, 04:01 PM)Meggy Wrote: anyone watch him.....??? whats ur fav talk from him??? I'm #obsessed....if u have a good talk from him I should watch post it here..... I literally listen to him while driving everywhere like I'm old and mature. Big Grin

Sorry... never heard of him..HuhHuhHuh. I have to google that name...Blush
Katrina
Junior Alumna, (18)
Click for my introduction
I'm not familiar with him but I will Google to be smarter. Cool
Junior Girl - Age 17
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I will admit I am not completely a fan of him, I feel like he plays fast and loose. But he isn't the worst source of information either, it seems like a lot of people have gotten motivation and good advice from him.
(09-19-2020, 06:44 PM)Anymouse Wrote: I will admit I am not completely a fan of him, I feel like he plays fast and loose. But he isn't the worst source of information either, it seems like a lot of people have gotten motivation and good advice from him.

interesting....can I ask what ur def of fast and loose is for this? ya.... I don't like everything he says but he's put having a family into perspective vs. career when I'm older which is a huge thing Caleb has told me about. I really doubt anyone has 100% great advice all the time..right?
(09-19-2020, 05:23 PM)Scarlette Wrote: I'm not familiar with him but I will Google to be smarter. Cool
ya look him up Kat!
hahahaha.... he says some ok things.... liberals go mad about him..... and Professor Amy Wax generally. *shrugs*
He is awesome
Being from UK, my favorite, I guess, is when he had Cathy Newman all confused
Adult Female
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]
Yes, that was an odd interview. He handled it well!

(09-19-2020, 07:56 PM)Meggy Wrote: can I ask what ur def of fast and loose is for this?

My main question is about his "archetype" of femininity, something more "chaotic" I think? It actually differs a bit from Jung, who thought his archetype was more about perfection/spirituality, if I recall. But it seems odd for him not to mention the difference when he was talking about Jungian Archetypes.
(09-19-2020, 04:01 PM)Meggy Wrote: anyone watch him.....??? whats ur fav talk from him??? I'm #obsessed....if u have a good talk from him I should watch post it here..... I literally listen to him while driving everywhere like I'm old and mature. Big Grin

I have never heard of him but i will look him up. Smile
He has made some good points like many before him and after him but I do think deep down he is a bit of a chauvinist. For example, the pay gap. There absolutely is a pay gap and his way of trying to explain it away makes no sense to me. At least in this country, you can have two nurses (one male and one female) doing the same job but the male will have a higher rate of pay and a greater chance of advancing in his career. That in and of itself is obnoxious but then add in the fact that nursing is and has always been a predominately female field.
As someone who was at one time a single mom, I find his dismissiveness of the pay gap to be offensive. That said, there are things he has said that I very much agree with.
Mother of Three Daughters
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]