Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dear Nancy,
You're right, Meggy, but some wars have to be fought. My husband told me before he went that he was going to make sure it was safe for girls to learn to read and to make sure that evil like that didn't spread.
Freedom is not free. I believe it is an American expression of gratitude but is is profound even in it's simplicity.
(11-14-2020, 08:55 PM)Nancy Wrote: You're right, Meggy, but some wars have to be fought. My husband told me before he went that he was going to make sure it was safe for girls to learn to read and to make sure that evil like that didn't spread.

All us girls need to really appreciate that. Men like your husband empower us.
Amen to that!
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
(11-13-2020, 05:33 PM)Nancy Wrote: It's okay. I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought you were prying. I lost my husband in Afghanistan and I don't mind telling people. I am proud of him, but I also don't want it to look as if I'm seeking attention for something I didn't do.

I didn't know that you lost your husband in Afghanistan until a few days ago. I knew you were a single mother. I didn't know whether you were divorced or if you were a widow. I never asked you, because it was none of my business. But now that I know the truth, I am sorry about your loss.
My word.
Belated birthday greetings and holding you in prayer at a time when memories will come flooding in.
Henry
Single Father of Two
New Zealand
Trillian: henryway
[Image: BuzWiUO.png]
Thank you all so much.