Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Advent Wreath
Who does an advent wreath? We talked about it in youth class this morning and I think it would be something special to do (and Megan you may not light all the candles at once. Big Grin)
If you do one what do you do with it? Do you have special prayers or do you make them up as you go along? When do you light your candles and for how long?
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
We have one every year and it's a wonderful tradition. It's on our dinner table and every sunday evening we light a candle, drink hot chocolate and pray. We talk about what we can be thankful for and think about people who are not as fortunate.
We got one cause my mom always did it when growing up. Every week we light one more candle and my mom says a little prayer but you can read from the Bible and stuff to. I would like to read from the Bible and then we have dinner and blow out the candles that got lit when were done.
Junior Girl - Age 14
Oh mannnnnn come on Addy live a lil!!!!!! Lol

What ob earth is an advent wreath is this a modern Jesus thing???? Lol I do love candles 🥺like 599 pumpkin spice candles lit at home is really epic but idt that’s what this is

Sounds nice so u light a candle each week?
(11-29-2020, 03:51 PM)SingledadThomas Wrote: We have one every year and it's a wonderful tradition. It's on our dinner table and every sunday evening we light a candle, drink hot chocolate and pray. We talk about what we can be thankful for and think about people who are not as fortunate.

Wow u sound like a nice and involved dad
(11-29-2020, 08:24 PM)Meggy Wrote: Oh mannnnnn come on Addy live a lil!!!!!! Lol

What ob earth is an advent wreath is this a modern Jesus thing???? Lol I do love candles 🥺like 599 pumpkin spice candles lit at home is really epic but idt that’s what this is

Sounds nice so u light a candle each week?

One candle the first Sunday and then 2 on the second. It's like a countdown to Christmas and on Christmas you light the one in the middle that is white. There are 3 purple and 1 pink but I don't know why they are them colors.
I think I have my aunt on board but we'll be starting it late since she has to go out and get the candles and my upstairs sisters and I are going to make the wreath tomorrow after our lessons.
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

The Advent wreath, or Advent crown, is a Christian tradition that symbolizes the passage of the four weeks of Advent in the liturgical calendar of the Western church. It is traditionally a Lutheran practice, although it has spread to many other Christian denominations.

The candles on the Advent wreath symbolize hope, love, joy and peace. ... Some denominations consider the fourth candle to mean purity, and most use a fifth candle, called the Christ candle, that is lit on Christmas to remind Christians of the light Jesus brings to the world.
I did not know it was a Lutheran practise. I learned something new today.

We do the advent wreath and my children get an advent book of prayers from church and we use those prayers when we light a candle. Whatever happens to be our meal together is when we light the candles. Then I get to hear my two youngest argue over whose turn it is to blow out the candles.
In my school stuff for today is a Bible reading to do with the advent wreath and it is the one where the angel comes to Mary to ask her to be the mother of his son. Do you know something I didn't know before is that God didn't tell Mary she had to do it but he asked her if she would do it and she said yes to God. That makes it even more special what she did cause she could of said no but she wanted to do whatever God wanted for her to do.
Junior Girl - Age 14