Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Advent Wreath
Is this Catholic
(11-30-2020, 10:51 AM)Meggy Wrote: Is this Catholic

Nancy posted it started as a Lutheran practice. I'm an Independent Baptist and we talked about it in our youth class so it can't be just a Catholic practice.
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/holida...tures.html
Junior Girl - Age 17
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
That's a good site. Thanks Scarlette. We have some branches we were going to use but my dad banned it. Says it's a fire hazard so he's off to buy us an artificial wreath.
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
(11-29-2020, 10:37 PM)Nancy Wrote: The Advent wreath, or Advent crown, is a Christian tradition that symbolizes the passage of the four weeks of Advent in the liturgical calendar of the Western church. It is traditionally a Lutheran practice, although it has spread to many other Christian denominations.

The candles on the Advent wreath symbolize hope, love, joy and peace. ... Some denominations consider the fourth candle to mean purity, and most use a fifth candle, called the Christ candle, that is lit on Christmas to remind Christians of the light Jesus brings to the world.

OH WHEN I DONT SKIM EMOMS POST I LEARN SOMETHING 🤣🤣🤣🤣💗💗☺️☺️☺️🥰🥰🥰😁🔥
Purity for girls? 🥴
(11-30-2020, 01:59 PM)Addy Wrote: That's a good site. Thanks Scarlette. We have some branches we were going to use but my dad banned it. Says it's a fire hazard so he's off to buy us an artificial wreath.

Lol he sounds like joe ruin all the fun and festivities bec of freaking hazards 😳🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
(11-30-2020, 02:53 PM)Meggy Wrote: Purity for girls? 🥴

Not for girls but maybe just for all hearts.
Ok makes sense 💗
I saw something so messed up online!!!!!! These girls wore ball gowns for graduation and had a purity dance for graduation 😳 so just had to ask lol!!! Men these days 🤷🏼‍♀️