Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Telling on PJ (The Rev. PJ)
I know he probably won't share this. PJ's ordination credentials will be conferred on Sunday, September 28, 2014, in a special service at his church. I have made arrangements for my small congregation to attend and I will be "preaching" the charge. I know all denominations and religions do this differently and have different requirements but PJ is in a fortunate position to be with a group of people who will allow it as his age.

PJ has had a desire and calling to do ministry work since he was a very young boy. This is the formal recognition of that calling.

So, you all can tease him a bit and call him Rev. PJ. (He hates the title Rev.)
PAT
Dad of 4 boys, including 2 adult sons - Mark (19), PJ (18), Caleb (17), Joshua (3), and 1 girl - Beth (2).
Uncle to 1 boy living with the family - Benji (17), and Mentor to 1 boy - Ron (17)
Foster parent to Dan (13) and Eli (11)

Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Congratulations to him! I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.
Congrats Rev. PJ so happy for you. Big Grin
Pastor Pat, thank you for sharing this with us! We've seen growth from PJ in just the short time he's been with us, and we are very proud of him. He has shared so many accomplishments and milestones with us, and we are privileged to have see him "grow up" a bit (even if it was only from 17 to 18 Wink ).

Rev. PJ, may God bless you greatly in your ministry, and may you in turn be a blessing to others in the church. Heart

And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” - Romans 10:15 ESV
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview
That's a great accomplishment Rev. PJ! I'm very glad you have been able to get well enough in time to hopefully be there.
REBECCA
Mom of 2 girls (18, 14) and 1 boy - (12)

Congratulations to PJ that is great news. Something both you and he should be proud of.
NICK
Dad of 2 Sons - Sean (20) and Michael (18)
On Trillian at: NickTxDad

I think that is great news. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that kid is really bright and mature for his age and has a great future ahead of him. I generally don't converse at all with our junior members (other members will testify to this, as I am somewhat squeamish about minors on the site at all), but I was so impressed with PJ from basically his first post that I made an exception in his case. I am so relieved that he is 18 now and a "full member" because he is such a fantastic young man and contributes such great insights and clearly a kind heart.
Tissueman
Dad of 2 grown sons, grandfather to 2 young grandchildren

Rev PJ Big Grin Congrats! Do we get to kiss your ring or something now? Tongue
BRANDON
Junior Member Alumni

(09-15-2014, 08:45 PM)Brandon Wrote: Rev PJ Big Grin Congrats! Do we get to kiss your ring or something now? Tongue

Uh, no. Nothing like that. If you see me you can shake my hand or give me a hug.
P.J.
Junior Member Alumni, brother and cousin
My Introduction

I have a penguin and you don't.
The deed is done.

CALEB took over the song service this morning while I was sequestered with the committee for final questions and prayer. Our pastor then introduced me and the committee and the committee chair made the formal recommendation and it was accepted by the church. Dad then preached a sermon known as a "charge." I was then brought before the congregation and all passed by and laid hands on me and prayed. I was then given the credentials and a certificate and asked to speak. For the first time in my life (and hopefully the last) I had to wear one of those funny shirts with a white collar. (Dad had to help me put the thing on.)

This is a really happy day for me and I am excited.

However part of this also allows me to take advantage of some allowances under the current tax code. I can also do weddings and funerals and, oh yeah, park in the special spot at the hospital. it is a serious thing and it is the formal recognition of my calling to the ministry.
P.J.
Junior Member Alumni, brother and cousin
My Introduction

I have a penguin and you don't.