Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee
I know I have stayed quiet so far in this thread, I've been thinking about it, and I appreciate the article link you posted Nicole, that gave more clarity to the situation.
First, the child had been paddled at school in late October of this school year for saying something inappropriate in class he had learned on YouTube. She said she agreed when the principal called for permission, the kid had been paddled, and it had appeared to have been done appropriate and I assume effective
Now this article said this incident happened in late November. She said herself "I agreed to it because nothing else was working at home,” Lauer said. “He wasn’t turning in his homework, he was doing it, but wasn’t turning it in. So I figured, well, let’s try that and see if that works, and then he came home with the marks.”
It sounds like the Mom had been trying other options at home to no avail, and by how the school board policy is stated on corporal punishment, I assume the school had tried other options too and was using the paddling as a last resort after other things failed to correct his behavior. According to another article I found, the kid was wearing underwear, shorts and sweatpants. We don't know how many swats he got, but honestly I agree with the Department of Children's Services and school district that this was appropriate. I have no issue with school paddling, especially in cases like this where it is used as a last resort, especially after measures at both school and home.
I had to chuckle at something she said. "I understand I agreed for him to get the corporal punishment,” Lauer said. “I didn’t think this would be the end result. And for him to be in tears and upset and not being able to sit comfortably on hard surfaces for days after, it was not necessary.”
Why is it a shock to you that he was in tears and upset after getting a spanking, or that he had trouble sitting on his paddled butt on hard surfaces for a couple days lol? Tongue
MICHAEL
Junior Member Alumni, (26)
Big Brother to Junior Member Boys

Trillian ID: michaelj25
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 01-17-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 01-18-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Michael J - 01-18-2019, 06:44 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-27-2019, 08:22 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Meggy - 09-28-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-29-2019, 12:32 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Meggy - 09-29-2019, 10:43 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-29-2019, 02:58 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-29-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Meggy - 09-29-2019, 09:29 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-29-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 10-02-2019, 08:47 AM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 07-11-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: School Corporal Punishment In Tennessee - by Anymouse - 09-10-2020, 10:13 AM