Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Deny Thyself
Spanking is both punishment and prevention. Punishment I think is the easy part of the equation. Teaching a child self control or self decipline is not so easy. Jesus pointed the way when he said "Deny Thyself". This means to me we have to become more conscious of are actions. In fact instead of reacting we need to be still and surrender to the moment. Allow in God's grace. We need to become aware of who we really are. If our children could learn from our example that by becoming aware of their own behavior, thoughts and emotions; spankings would become a thing of the past or at least far less frequent. Try to do this the next time you get angry or disappointed with your child before you react. Just take a deep breath, feel your inner body and be alert to your sense perceptions. Your child will than be transformed as they learn to deny their little selves or ego and become the beloved persons they really are.
Tutor/Mentor
I'm lost too
MELISSA
Junior Alumna, (19)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
Lol. If your not ready you won't get it!
Tutor/Mentor
Lol. You may be ready Sven! I would start by watching the video under the post "Spiritual Parenting". Than I will be happy to answer any of your questions if I can.
Tutor/Mentor
I think Sven is ready from the posts he makes. It is about realizing you've made a mistake without being told. An example could be that you were distracted while driving and missed a stop sign. You realize that you went through it and tell yourself you need to be more aware of your surroundings.
You got it Mark. Awareness and consciousness for me are the same thing. To be aware you have to be present and transcend thinking. When you live constantly anticipating what will be the next thing or identify with the past and that becomes your self image you miss out on the "pearl within" as Jesus put it. If you become your mind this becomes your life story. A story of past regrets, desires, fears and suffering. The Buddha put it this way "No self (ego). No problems". Or you could say being in the present moment (enlightenment or God's Grace) ends all suffering. I know it is not easy to understand. Words really can't explain it as the Bible tells us. But the Bible and our spiritual teachers can give us the sign posts that lead us there.
Tutor/Mentor
When Garth talks, I have to be still and listen from my center. Or it goes over my head, too. If your life's moving like a speed train, it's difficult to be contemplative. I think that's part of what he's saying. Bring yourself into your 🎁 present. It's a gift to yourself and those you love.
Mrs. V
Grandmother/Caregiver of 8 -6 at home, 2 boys: Nicolaas15 & Gabe 5; 4 girls: Lisbeth 15, Natalie 14, Lizzie 10 & Ashleigh 8 - 2 girls away from home 22 & 17 (2 adult sons and 1 adult daughter, all single parents)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
There are many different pointers to the truth. That is why we have so many religions and spiritual teachers. A priest once said to me there are many roads to heaven. Yours as mine is to be respected and sanctified. We are all headed in the same direction and in the end we all end up at the same place.
Tutor/Mentor