Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Betrayal
We have all been betrayed at some time or another. Jesus suffered the ultimate betrayal when he was crucified. A psychiatrist would tell you that you should trust people until they give you a reason not to trust them. As Jesus surrendered to "what is" while on the cross he said "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do." Jesus transcended any need to trust anyone. He accepted people exactly as they are. He knew their was something much bigger than their "little self" or ego. People will continue to behave unconsciously. Can we forgive them for it? Or will we go through life being distrustful and ultimately causing your own suffering as well as others. To me the choice is obvious!
Tutor/Mentor
You ask a good question. Most people today are not able to trust in life. Jesus did and as a result he transcended all that form offered including the fear of one's own death. He opted for another kind of life because he knew a life of form was impermanent. This includes our thinking, our senses, our bodies and our relationships. Jesus knew life is the unmanifested. It is our very source. It is not your life story but the God essence that is your real or sacred self. As the Buddha put it and so did all the original spiritual teachings, worldly life is an illusion. What does this mean to you and me? When Jesus said "my God, why do you forsake me?" this was his final act of surrender. He was giving us a pointer to the spiritual life of no form were there is eternal peace and joy. If you surrender to life (both the good, the bad and the ugly which you have no control over) you will know life's true meaning and purpose. Life will be "heaven on earth" and is here right now, this very moment. You don't have to die to discover heaven. Heaven is not a place or an object (form). It is here in the present moment. It is not your thoughts of past or future (again form) because your very being is life. Faith and trust are the same thing. Once you know and experience what Jesus realized on the cross, you transcend all the mistrust and suffering the world could ever bestow upon you because you know the world of form just doesn't matter anymore unless you choose to make it matter. Play the game of life if you want. Or don't play it. The only meaning it has is the meaning that you give to it. It has nothing to do with who you really are.
Tutor/Mentor
If your interested:

Tutor/Mentor
Sven your not the first person not to understand Eckhart Tolle's teachings. Personally I think Eckhart and I are very much alike in our thinking. We have other things in common as well. We share the same year of birth, we are both Canadian, we both had awakenings at a young age and our ancestors come from Europe. I love Eckhart Tolle and he is the only spiritual teacher I need right now. Not being able to understand his message is not really important. There are hundreds if not thousands of spiritual teachers including Jesus Christ himself that provide us with the same message. What is important is that you find inner peace and joy and live a purposeful and meaningful life. You don't even have to believe in God to do that let alone follow the teachings of Jesus or any other spiritual teacher for that matter. Thanks for your response. I truely value your opinion. God Bless!
Tutor/Mentor
We are. Eckhart was born in Germany, than moved to England, than to Canada I believe in the nineties. I believe both he and his wife are Canadian citizens though he may have dual citizenship. His wife is Asian. Eckhart is fluent in several languages and received his undergraduate university degree in England. In his late twenties he became so depressed that he contemplated suicide. This is when his awakening occurred and he came to the realization he was not his ego. His awakening came about through extreme suffering. My own awaking came about during my adolescents when I had a near death experience. I would love to meet Eckhart one day though I do feel I know him quite intimately on the spiritual plain. Below is his biography.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle
Tutor/Mentor
Like me Eckhart did not have any kids. However if he would have, I am sure he would spank them but not very hard. Just like I did when I was doing child care.
Tutor/Mentor
1. He was German. They love corporal punishment.
2. The time he was born and raised. The same time I was were spanking was common both at home and at school. Before child psychology/rearing books were popular.
3. His dad had a temper and probably spanked him.
4. He was rebellious as a teenager and refused to go to school.
5. He was Roman Chatholic. They are very pro spanking even today.
6. Usually if you got spanked as a child you would also spank as a parent.
Tutor/Mentor
Thank you. Adolph Hitler who was just pre Eckhart was severely beaten by his fathe on a regular basis. Germany has always been a very authoritarian society until recently. My guess is today spanking is not even legal n Germany today.
Tutor/Mentor
You may be right Eric. Before the war Germany may have been the most authoritarian country in all of Europe as it gave rise to the Nazis. Today it may be one of the most progressive and liberal countries in Europe welcoming emigrants from all over the world. Times have sure changed since I was born. After the war there seemed to be a new consciousness that emerged. Eckhart believes there is a new consciousness emerging right now. He wrote a book on it called A New Earth. Well worth the read if you have the time.
Tutor/Mentor
The move away from an authoritarian approach to life in general and spanking in particular is a feature of several countries in Europe, the Swedes were enthusiastic users of cp in the past, but absolutely not now. Interesting to refelect why some countries have turned their back on cp and others have not been so keen to change.
ALEX
Dad of 1 girl - Sam and 2 boys - Xan and JoJo.  Too old for spanking and have been for some time!
Click for My Introduction