Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Raising Godly Tomatoes
http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/
Tutor/Mentor
Thank you, Garth, this looks inspiring.
STINE
Mom of two boys (13 and 9) and two girls (15 and 6)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: attachment.php?aid=164]
(09-07-2018, 08:44 AM)Garth Wrote: http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/

Thanks for sharing this, Garth!

I am curious what others think about what is written. Under "S Word", the writer shares some thoughts that I do not necessarily agree with, however I have always felt that every child, family and teen are different, therefore circumstances can be different. The writer sates that spankings should be given in front of siblings as a deterrent, and a couple of swats (I think it said one to three?) should be given to the clothed buttocks with hand or paddle. My personal preference is that spankings be administered to the child's bare bottom. The other part I do not necessarily agree with is the part about not showering kids with hugs and loves afterward. I agree with not necessarily apologizing for spanking, however I do favor hugs and reinforcement of love afterward.

Outside of the issues above, I am glad to see that the author is in favor of loving corporal discipline. How this family goes about it is just different than we do on our home.
TRAVIS
Dad to 15 year old son and 11 year old daughter
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I would agree with you Travis. I always spanked in private and if the child needed a hug after a spanking I did not hesitate to give them one. As I only used my hand I had no reservations about applying the spanking directly to the bottom without any fear of causing injury.
Tutor/Mentor
I didn´t have the time yet to have more than a superficial look over the site. But I agree with Travis that a spanking needs to end with a talk and a prayer, and then many hugs so the child truly feels it is forgiven. We also do not spank in front of the other children, although they may be able to hear a spanking going on in another room. But we like to protect our childrens modesty, and the shame of needing a spanking is bad enough, they don´t need to be humiliated by being bared in front of their siblings as well. We do sometimes discuss a child´s misbehaviour in the family circle, when we feel it will benefit all children, but we take them to a private place for their punishment.
STINE
Mom of two boys (13 and 9) and two girls (15 and 6)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=164]
Our spankings are given in front of siblings.
BEN
Junior Member Alumni
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I do like his matter-of-fact approach to spanking, and I think that can be a good thing. I do agree with some other commentators critiques though.
(09-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Ben Wrote: Our spankings are given in front of siblings.

I think they should be done in private.
(09-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Ben Wrote: Our spankings are given in front of siblings.

Are they always? Do you know why your parents decide to do so?
Spanking in front of other family members might not be a problem if they are done matter-of-factly as described in the above link (and as they are at Ben's home, I imagine). If it is a normal part of life at home it is less of an issue I think.