Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Who has come across Lori Alexander
And her twisted views?

https://thetransformedwife.com/a-child-left-to-himself/

A good reply

https://theemancipatedwife.blogspot.com/...mself.html
Father of six children, five girls one boy. From the UK.
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]

http://parentingandspanking.createmybb3....-3821.html
Nope and having read that little introducion, I have no interest in her views.

Alex
ALEX
Dad of 1 girl - Sam and 2 boys - Xan and JoJo.  Too old for spanking and have been for some time!
Click for My Introduction
All opinions are relative. I guess the important thing when it comes to raising your children is what works for you and your child. For me as a Christian that means raising your child with loving kindness. I do not have to look to the Bible to know how to do this. I know if “I am that I am” and raise my child with conscious awareness I will set the kind of example they will need to be productive and mindful human beings. There is nothing wrong with spanking your child as a form of correction. And there is nothing wrong with using other kinds of discipline. Your child needs your protection and needs to feel safe. Setting limits until they are able to make decisions for themselves is both natural and essential. So let’s not get into an argument about how we raise our children. Instead let’s be like Christ and let God show us the way. It is really that simple!
Tutor/Mentor
I've heard of this person before and am generally familiar with her views on women. Needless to say, I don't share her inferiority complex.

However, for parents who believe in spanking, her views don't really seem outside of the mainstream of this subset. One area where I do see cause for concern is her belief that it's unnecessary after age 5. Since this is supposedly the method of discipline endorsed by her religious beliefs, this would imply that discipline is no longer needed after age 5, which just isn't realistic.

I take the opposite approach here. I don't believe in spanking very young children, aside from the proverbial hot stove example that everyone seems to fixate on. A two year-old just doesn't understand enough to benefit from that. Punishment of any sort (whether physical or not) should wait until they are capable of understanding consequences.
I think you can spank, and let the child run wild. I grew up in a house with several acres of land. On weekends, especially during summer vacation, I used to pack a picnic lunch, grab my horse, and go riding. I would be gone for hours, the first time I remember doing it I was 10 years old. Dad gave me a time to be home by, and I told him where I was gone, and I left sometime around 10am or something like that, and was back around 5pm. You can have rules, and discipline, and give the kid lots of time and space to wander around and explore and find things out on their own.
Yes, I agree.
(04-29-2020, 10:53 AM)BadMom78 Wrote: I've heard of this person before and am generally familiar with her views on women. Needless to say, I don't share her inferiority complex.

However, for parents who believe in spanking, her views don't really seem outside of the mainstream of this subset. One area where I do see cause for concern is her belief that it's unnecessary after age 5. Since this is supposedly the method of discipline endorsed by her religious beliefs, this would imply that discipline is no longer needed after age 5, which just isn't realistic.

I take the opposite approach here. I don't believe in spanking very young children, aside from the proverbial hot stove example that everyone seems to fixate on. A two year-old just doesn't understand enough to benefit from that. Punishment of any sort (whether physical or not) should wait until they are capable of understanding consequences.

She hates women and makes a profit from it. Funny eh?
Quick glance and I know it would be poor.
I get some people are religious here but anyone who argues using only religion as evidence of thier viewpoint is setting themselves up to lose a debate.
Adult Female
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]
I also take issue with the use of train a child. I train a dog, I raise a child. The ultra religious that use those words also adhere to the Pearls' methods which include blanket training. And that is essentially slapping a baby for being a baby. I have nothing nice to say about that.
KAT
Mom of 4 boys - Tyler (22), Logan (19), Ryan (17), Connor (16) and 2 girls - Katie (21), Lexie (15)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I read the articles that were linked here, and everyone seems to be mad. So I guess I don't get why everyone doesn't like her? It seems like she endorses and believes in spankings, which is what people here beleive. So I don't know what I'm missing? Someone help me out please!
SARAH
Junior Alumna, (22)
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]