Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Confused
I have been thinking a lot about my faith lately and about my identity as a christian.
My dad believes but doesn't think about it much and my mom on the other hand firmly believes and attends church regulary.
I ask myself now where i stand.
When i was younger the thought about god was very comforting and it still is.
I haven't given it much thought the last few years. I stopped going to church with mom, was busy with new friends, ...
But i'm still wearing the cross i got for my 13th birthday around my neck and i still love the church as a building.
Through the death of an important person in my life i started to think about it again.
Isn't it weird to be religious at my age?

I hope my post isn't seen as weird. I'm a bit confused and before i get my moms hopes up i thought i reach out for advice here. I tend to overthink things in general... sorry
Junior Girl Alumnae
[Image: attachment.php?aid=224]
My boys are 13 and 15.
They attend a youth church. It is their choice.
Faith is a very personal thing and many people struggle with it sometimes. Even if you have been brought up attending church services you may not develop that faith. I firmly believe that when someone decides on their faith on their own, it's a great comfort to them. You can't make someone love you and you can't make someone a believer.
I don't think it's weird to be religious at your age....or my age....or any age.
My family is all over the place with religion because my parents decided to let us decide for ourselves.
My stepfather is agnostic.
My mother is Catholic.
I'm Catholic.
Rosie is going to a Christian school this year.
Ruby just likes Noah's Ark and David and Goliath.
Your own journey and personal relationship with God is....personal.
I think the death of someone can really make us re-evaluate what we think and believe.
So IMHO there is nothing weird about it.Shy
Junior Girl - Age 17
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
(09-13-2020, 06:13 PM)Scarlette Wrote: I don't think it's weird to be religious at your age....or my age....or any age.
My family is all over the place with religion because my parents decided to let us decide for ourselves.
My stepfather is agnostic.
My mother is Catholic.
I'm Catholic.
Rosie is going to a Christian school this year.
Ruby just likes Noah's Ark and David and Goliath.
Your own journey and personal relationship with God is....personal.
I think the death of someone can really make us re-evaluate what we think and believe.
So IMHO there is nothing weird about it.Shy

Thank you Smile
I should follow my own Journey... wherever that goes.
I know it's personal and i realized that everyone has their own story.
Back in Germany kids who are openly religious get bullied which i think is very wrong.. any kind of bullying is.
I hope my new friends aren't like that.
(09-13-2020, 06:38 PM)Karo15 Wrote: Thank you Smile
I should follow my own Journey... wherever that goes.
I know it's personal and i realized that everyone has their own story.
Back in Germany kids who are openly religious get bullied which i think is very wrong.. any kind of bullying is.
I hope my new friends aren't like that.

Why would anyone bully someone for being religious? That's terrible. I hope your new friends are far more accepting and supportive of you.
Yes, it's sad but in some places it's looked down on, sadly. I have heard many American academic history departments are that way, and if rumor goes out that you are religiously devout it can be harder to get a job as a history professor.
(09-13-2020, 06:38 PM)Karo15 Wrote: I hope my new friends aren't like that.

I hope your faith is well accepted at your new place, but I have always heard Poland is very embracing of Catholicism, so I think your faith will be respected there.
I am a member of a Church and attend every Sunday. I also attend Bible Study on Tuesdays and lead a spiritual group on Thursdays. I have some close friends who are also members at the Church I attend. Faith to me is truth. I know God and experience him on a constant basis. Knowing God as my own essence has helped me find the inner peace and joy Jesus speaks about in the Bible. Spiritually it is good to be confused! This will help you grow spiritually and deepen your faith. As you find the God within you will be liberated. Your suffering will subside. I guarantee it!
Tutor/Mentor
I think it's very normal to be unsure about faith especially around your age. It sounds like your parents are giving you the space to figure things out for yourself, which is important. I hope your friends don't judge and let you decide whatever works best for you.
REBECCA
Mom of 2 girls (18, 14) and 1 boy - (12)

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
It is normal to question. My partner is quite religious but she does not go to church any more than I do when here, but in SLovakia she will go with her mother. I am strictly a funerals, weddings and baptisms sort of person, I felt forced to go to church when a young boy and rebelled against it and have been an aetheist ever since. None of our three are religious, they are not baptised either. But if one of them wanted to take up religion then they are now of an age where we would encourage them to follow their thoughts on the matter.

Religion cannot be enforced, that is what we have to remember, better to find religion your own way.

Alex
ALEX
Dad of 1 girl - Sam and 2 boys - Xan and JoJo.  Too old for spanking and have been for some time!
Click for My Introduction