Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Does God ever change?
Do you think God changes his mind about stuff?

Like the Catholic pope is okay with gay people being together but Scarlette says it used to be that the Catholic church said gay people got to live like single people and have relationships that are friendly but not with sex in it.

I am not Catholic but mostly I'm not nothing but Christian so far but my mom was a Baptist so maybe that is what I will be but a teacher I like in school is Lutheran so she talks to me about that to and I guess I don't really know what I will be but Scarlette is hoping I turn Catholic but I don't think so since the Catholics don't like my mom and dad.

In bible class my teacher is a assistant pastor to and he says God don't never change but do you think he maybe does a little bit?
Junior Girl - Age 14
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I don't think God changes, but the best way to relate to him has changed. Ancient Israel was very different than Christianity, but Ancient Israel was very specific, and Christianity is different because it is Universal. The point of the rules is different because the situation is different.

But God himself hasn't changed, just the religions. And even there the changes have often been official changes decided on by people, like the rules on what language to use for worship.

(10-27-2020, 07:11 AM)Rosie Wrote: Like the Catholic pope is okay with gay people being together

To be fair, we don't know if the Pope actually said this exactly, or if it was misinterpreted.
That's a good question and i have thought about that too.
I'm catholic and i can only tell you what i believe.
I don't think god changes his mind but what is most important about his teachings is love. He might not have intended to create gay people...but they are here and their love is no different from the love between a man and a woman. So why would he want them to be unhappy? I support what the pope said.
God also loves and forgives people who sin. His love stands above all hate.
That's what i believe in. Smile
I don't know much about the differences between different groups in Christianity.
I hope the Pope did say it and means it. I think Jesus was pretty inclusive....he bonded with the tax collectors and the whores....pretty radical for his time.

God doesn't change but our understanding of him changes.....and that is the gospel according to Scarlette. Angel
Junior Girl - Age 17
My church is pretty homophobic. I hate that about it.
https://what-do-you-say.proboards.com

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

But I think God is different for different people. I've been really getting into reincarnation.

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

(10-27-2020, 11:28 AM)Addy Wrote: My church is pretty homophobic. I hate that about it.

That's not good Undecided
Ours as well.
I mean they don't have to like homosexual people but at least they shouldn't bully them. Hate is never an answer.
I agree. It's all the judgments that has made my faith a little wishy washy.

— Addy
Junior Member (14)

Judge not lest ye be judged?
Junior Girl - Age 17
Actually I think it's....let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Junior Girl - Age 17