Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dating Christians
Heart 
Do you think Christians should court instead of date?
My bible teacher thinks so.
I sort of am thinking I want to go back to public school.
Malachi kissed my hand today when nobody was looking and there is no PDA in school plus no contact with the virus and stuff but he still kissed my hand. It seemed like old fashioned romantic. Blush
Junior Girl - Age 14
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
What’s courting again
This blog explains the difference.

https://sugardaddie.com/blog/there-is-a-...-courting/
Supply Teacher/Teaching Assistant
[Image: wURKrjG.jpg]

"The quality of mercy is not straind.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath" (Portia to Shylock).
Content yourself until it's "time" - (don't get close to anyone from the opposite sex until you're ready to say "I do" within a year or so)

Outcast anyone not worthy - Don't spend lots of time and emotional investment in someone who doesn't align with your values and isn't marry-able. You might get heartbroken, and you must protect your heart at all costs.

Undermine your emotions - Follow principles and logic (an objective approach) over following your emotions (a subjective approach).

Resist the urge to express your affection - Maintain strict physical boundaries so you don't compromise your purity.

Treat God like a genie - Be super serious about doing everything right so God can bless you
Junior Girl - Age 14
That sounds to me like deciding to buy a new dress but buying the first one you look at without trying it on. It might be perfect for you, but how would you know?

Dating doesn't need to mean anything more than getting to know somebody. When you're younger you're probably not thinking that you'll marry the first boy that takes you to a movie or out for pizza. You are making friends and trying to find out what kind of person makes you happy. Dating is a lot of fun and one day it will help you find the one for you.

If you try on a few dresses you'll know for sure when you find the right one. Even if you do end up buying the first dress, you won't be wondering later if there might not have been a better choice. You'll know you picked the right dress.
(11-10-2020, 06:28 PM)Nancy Wrote: That sounds to me like deciding to buy a new dress but buying the first one you look at without trying it on. It might be perfect for you, but how would you know?

Dating doesn't need to mean anything more than getting to know somebody. When you're younger you're probably not thinking that you'll marry the first boy that takes you to a movie or out for pizza. You are making friends and trying to find out what kind of person makes you happy. Dating is a lot of fun and one day it will help you find the one for you.

If you try on a few dresses you'll know for sure when you find the right one. Even if you do end up buying the first dress, you won't be wondering later if there might not have been a better choice. You'll know you picked the right dress.

Would you say that dating might lead to courting?
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You MUST kiss lots of boys before you get married. Try on Many, Many, Many dresses.
Junior Girl - Age 17
(11-10-2020, 06:29 PM)Mr_Simons Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 06:28 PM)Nancy Wrote: That sounds to me like deciding to buy a new dress but buying the first one you look at without trying it on. It might be perfect for you, but how would you know?

Would you say that dating might lead to courting?

Maybe dating leads to engagement? Courting is like starting right at engagement.
I dated a lot of boys but I never thought of marriage until I found the right man. Once I did, my thoughts turned to engagement and marriage.

I do agree that the concept of courting the way it's discussed today does seem to mean starting with the engagement, not ending with it. Frankly, in some cases it looks a lot like an arranged marriage to me.
(11-10-2020, 10:42 PM)Nancy Wrote: I dated a lot of boys but I never thought of marriage until I found the right man. Once I did, my thoughts turned to engagement and marriage.

I do agree that the concept of courting the way it's discussed today does seem to mean starting with the engagement, not ending with it. Frankly, in some cases it looks a lot like an arranged marriage to me.

NANCY EXCUSE ME