Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Spanking And Religion
I think most religions believe spanking is how you discipline children and have your child identify with the "power of God" to learn right from wrong. Spankings in the Old Testament are not to be treated lightly and to achieve their goal they must "break the will of your child". There are all kinds of quotes you can find in the Bible to support the use of corporal punishment. Jesus further enlightened us by suggesting spankings could be a loving experience. In fact Jesus was all about love and prophesied that love and kindness was the only gateway to salvation. Those of us who believe spanking can be enlightening rather than a punitive experience are gentle when we spank and conscious of God's loving presence during the whole ordeal. Fear is unnecessary and in fact can not exist if we connect with God when we give a loving and compassionate spanking. Though religion may have pointed us in the right direction when it comes to spanking, it was the spirituality that Jesus taught us that made spanking a loving and caring experience for both parent and child.
Tutor/Mentor
I have said it before, but we generally don't mix G-d and spanking in our home. Frankly, I try not to associate G-d with punishment and we also try not to assume that G-d really takes an interest in whether a child acts a miscreant in our home. It just seems a bit egotistical to think G-d really watches us that closely.
Tissueman
Dad of 2 grown sons, grandfather to 2 young grandchildren
Click for My Introduction

[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
I think child rearing and spanking are a necessary part of living. I have found I can not live without God and I believe He influences every aspect of my life both positive and negative. Personally I could not conceive of spanking being anything but a spiritual and loving experience. If it was not and purely punishment, than indeed it would be the ego (E-dging G-od O-ut) that dominates the experience which means the absence of God and Devinne love.
Tutor/Mentor