Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Hats Off To My Kids For Stepping Up To The Plate
When Chris was diagnosed with type 1 juvenile diabetes we all knew our lives were in for a big change. Chris and I were afraid the changes would cause friction and chaos in the family. I decided to assign projects to the kids to keep them too busy to complain and to educate them. The twins were assigned to study how diabetes works and it's causes. Rachel and Chris were to study first aid and treatments,( very important knowledge) and Corey to study food. They've all taken their roles seriously and it's really been a positive. We're all eating better. Hey, I've lost 2 pounds. There hasn't been any resentment I've seen yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The chips have been down and they've stepped up to the plate to support their brother with no malice. I applaud them.
RICK
Dad of 1 girl - Rachel (15) and 4 boys - Aaron and Austin (twins - 11), Chris (9), Corey (7)
Click for My Introduction
[Image: LvC4Dwd.gif]
That is really great Big Grin I'm glad that they are supporting him. Hope he is doing good too btw. Heart
BRANDON
Junior Member Alumni

That's great news and I'm glad your whole family is doing better. If they all understand what's happening with Chris, they'll be less nervous about it and more understanding if his condition inconveniences them. Sounds like a good plan!
REBECCA
Mom of 2 girls (18, 14) and 1 boy - (12)

I'm so glad to hear that your whole family is pitching in to deal with this issue. Diabetes is very treatable if you stay on top of it. Good luck!
Tissueman
Dad of 2 grown sons, grandfather to 2 young grandchildren

Well done to your family.
You handled the situation perfectly. Good job!
Tutor/Mentor
Thanks for sharing all of this with us, Rick. Kudos to your whole family for how you are tackling this challenge. God bless you all, and Chris especially, as you journey this road together.
MICHAEL
Dad of 3 boys - Michael (19), Andrew (15), Daniel (13) and mentor to 1 boy - Jonathan (13)
Click for My Interview